2.02.2009

No access yet...

Hello! it's pouring rain here in the middle of the afternoon on Monday, and I've been running around all morning in our new city trying to find necessities for our new apartment...the only thing I haven't been able to find yet is caulk - because our toilet is leaking from the floor (if you can imagine that) and we have to fix it fast. Me and Jenn can handle it with no problem but there is not even a word for caulk in our mandarin book..hahahaha...

Anyway, we also don't have internet hooked up yet in our apartment so I am also scrambling to find somewhere in the city to sit and use internet access while I have some coffee, etc...I found a place finally and I'm outside in the lobby, standing on cardboard because if I step right or left I will slip on the wet porcelain tile, and I love this coffee house already because they burn incense all throughout so even the lobby smells like a Temple...delicious, as I steal some of their wireless...I will go up and buy a coffee just to say thanks...

So, as soon as I can manage, there will be some great pics and text for our trip to the Great Wall, along with the Terra Cotta Warriors we saw while in Xi'an, and we are getting settled into our apartment and trying to get everything up and running before we start classes on the 9th...

I heard the Super Bowl is today?? jeez...will have to hit ESPN to find out about that one!!

Cheers!!

No comments: