2.16.2009

The new DanYang, China diet...

I am sure that Sean wished that he had made a bet on who got sick first instead of who got hit by the first vehicle. We have a 100rmb note ($14.00) that the other will get tagged first by a moving vehicle. Anyway, this would have been a bet I would have happily lost.

It was last Monday (yes it took me a week to be able to write about it) that Sean had prepared us another wonderful Chinese meal. Tired from my day at work, I was not around while Sean was cooking which meant that I did not get a chance to smell the meat. He still swears, with tears in his eyes, that it smelled and looked okay.

That being said, it was around 10pm that my stomach decided it did not want any food in it at all. I finally was able to sleep and on Tuesday, I just was not feeling right all day. By Wednesday, I was as sick as a dog, could barely run to the bathroom fast enough and I was running a fever of 100. As Sean held my hair back and massaged my aching head, I emptied my stomach of everything, including the lining.

As Sean puts it, I was violently ill. I now know what projectile vomiting means. I could not stop. He said he had never seen anyone get that sick. At one point, I just put the basin next to the bed and just leaned over and dry heaved, over and over again while sweat trickled down my face and neck. And it was not just the nausea - the stomach pains were deadly but I was so sick to my stomach that I could not take anything to make myself feel better (Pharmacist that I am). We did not sleep most of Wednesday night. I sacked up and taught my classes on Thursday and by the end of the day, I was feeling a little more human. By Thursday night I was finally eating rice and keeping it down.

I'm not saying it was justice or anything, irony definitely, but just two days later Sean got the same pack of weasels in his gut that I did, although his only lasted a mere twelve hours compared to my three days. He also didn't throw up his internal organs, but hey, I have a great story to tell my class now and I lost ten pounds in three days...

P.S. Mom, I love you and I'm feeling fine now..:)

No comments: